[Rpcemu] Well really.

Richard Walker richardwalker at letterboxes.org
Sat Nov 5 04:51:43 PDT 2011

On 4 Nov 2011, at 06:45, Dave Symes wrote:

> In article <65347E22-EB5B-445C-BE35-81FA976F3EA7 at letterboxes.org>,
>   Richard Walker <richardwalker at letterboxes.org> wrote:
>
>> Frankly, the source code is freely available.  If it bothers you, fix it.
>> If you cannot, then patiently wait for (or bribe) someone else to.
>
> I do have a substantial amount of admiration for you folks and what you've
> achieved, but sometimes you just gotta vent about something... Get it out
> of the system.

Just to clarity, I've actually had naff-all input into RPCEmu.  It's one of the
many things I don't have time for these days.  I just objected to your rant as,
essentially, it was criticism of someone else's hobby.

For what it's worth, I think the ex-Acorn community would probably benefit
from a simplified and RISC OS specific networking solution in RPCEmu.
So we probably agree!

> A thought occurs...
> If RPCEmu is going to be pushed by ROOL as the vehicle to carry memory
> stick versions of ROOL RISC OS, then maybe some effort in the networking
> area might be a good/useful/worthwhile exercise for someone.

It's one side: the other being native ARM hardware (BeagleBoard etc.).

Perhaps if a few people stumped up a bounty...?