[Rpcemu] using pre-compiled build on MacOSX 10.5.6

Luke Abraham theabro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 04:03:33 PDT 2011

Hi David,
cc RPCEmu list

[snip]

> Is 10.5.6 of relevance, I am running 10.7.2 and Francis's latest 0.8.8
> build.

Using the 0.8.8 build (http://www.devrx.org/software/rpcemu/rpcemu-spoon-fjd-2011-10-25b.zip
) solves a lot of the stability issues, however, I am having some
problems - see below. I don't think that 10.5.6 is the issue here. Do
I need to make sure that I am using version 4.4 (or the patched 4.3
version) of allegro, or is that included in the build? I have
installed version 4.2.

> [snip]
>
>> I was attempting to follow the instructions with the 4.02 ROM to
>> extract the contents of RO4disc,ff8 to the virtual hard disk
>> (replacing the cmos.ram and hd4.hdf with files from the file
>> hdboot.zip found at b-em.bbcmicro.com/arculator). In this case I was
>> able to get the error "Internal error: abort on data transfer at
>> &021080B8". Then error 2 above occurred.
>
> That arculator hd4.hdf is really old and not appropriate for OS4
> though it did not crash when tried here with OS4.04.
>
> !Boot here is in HostFS and FileSystem is configured to boot from
> HostFS.

The problem I have here is that the disk labelled '4' is not readable,
so I cannot extract the contents of RO4disc,ff8. When opening '4' I
get the error 'Error when reading ADFS::4.$ - Disc not understood -
has it been formatted?'.

If using the hd4.hdf file provided by arculator, I can view the hard-
disk, however, I am having lots of problems extracting the data
(various errors, 'Disk in use', it hangs when copying, etc).

Is there a way around this hard-drive issue? I don't really want to
use the arculator one if I don't need to.

Thanks,
Luke