[Rpcemu] using pre-compiled build on MacOSX 10.5.6

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 05:22:44 PDT 2011

In message <A1FCBB46-F9E5-44D6-BC10-727AA2D2E26A at yahoo.co.uk>
  Luke Abraham <theabro at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi David,
> cc RPCEmu list

> [snip]

> The problem I have here is that the disk labelled '4' is not readable,
> so I cannot extract the contents of RO4disc,ff8. When opening '4' I
> get the error 'Error when reading ADFS::4.$ - Disc not understood -
> has it been formatted?'.

> If using the hd4.hdf file provided by arculator, I can view the hard-
> disk, however, I am having lots of problems extracting the data
> (various errors, 'Disk in use', it hangs when copying, etc).

> Is there a way around this hard-drive issue? I don't really want to
> use the arculator one if I don't need to.

The way round this difficulty with the emulated ADFS drive is not to
use it. TBH I don't know whether this is a general problem or not, but
put it to one side.

[I assume RO4disc,ff8 is from ROL. This zip file needs to be unzipped,
then installed within HostFS and rpcemu set to boot from HostFS.]

Oops, blundered in my earlier post. RO4disc,ff8 looks like it is a
self extracting archive. So put that into HostFS using the Mac. From
within rpcemu set its type to FF8 or Absolute if it is not already,
then double click on it.

Then set HostFS as the boot filesystem.

http://marutan.net/rpcemuspoon/manual/#hostfs

--
David Pitt

MessengerPro 6 on an ARMini running RISC OS 5