[Rpcemu] RPCEMU networking under windows 7

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 08:00:34 PDT 2012

On 22 Apr 2012, Matteo Trevisan <matteotrev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Il 22 aprile 2012 15:03, Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> ha
> scritto:
> > On 22 Apr 2012, Matteo Trevisan <matteotrev at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > > Yes Tony i have made the connection following the description in
> > > that site. Open vpn is 2.2.2.
> > > rpcemu is 0.8.8.
> >
> > RPCEmu 0.8.9 is available at http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/

[snip]

> I have isntalled 0.8.9 rpcemu and at first attempt to enable ethernet
> bridge it restarts correctly.

Great!

> Now i dont know how to port netsurf from my windows 7 hd to rpcemu
> hard disk. to try to see if it works. I have windows at 64 bit.

Having downloaded netsurf.zip, via Win7, do not try to unpack it there.
Instead, move the zipfile to Program files\RPCEmu\HostFS

Now, download http://www.davidpilling.net/splug.bas and move it into
Program files\RPCEmu\HostFS. Then start RPCEmu, open HostFS from RPCEmu
and set the filetype of splug/bas to BASIC. Now double-click splug/bas
to extract SparkPlug, which is a zip file unpacker.

Run SparkPlug, by double-clicking it, then double-click netsurf.zip
which should also unpack. Note that it is necessary to install the
various dependencies of NetSurf, which are included in the zipfile,
before it will run. For details see the ReadMe file.

Tony