[Rpcemu] RPCEMU networking under windows 7

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 07:02:12 PDT 2012

On 23 Apr 2012, Matteo Trevisan <matteotrev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> ha scritto:
> > On 23 Apr 2012, Matteo Trevisan <matteotrev at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >[snip]

> > [snip: how to install NetSurf]
> >
> > > I have installed netsurf but still not able to make work
> > > networking. : (
> >
> > Moving back one step, when you installed the ethernet bridge did you
> > test it? See http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/net-ro-bri.html ,
> > at the foot of the page, viz what is returned by *ifconfig -a and
> > can you ping your network gateway, and, say, google.com ?
>
> I havent any interface under risc os to select.
>
> Inviato da Samsung Tablet

Matteo, it would be helpful if you could respond to the mailing-list,
instead of to me personally.

When you first installed RPCEmu, a 'Network' folder was automatically
saved in the HostFS folder. For networking to work, the files in that
folder must be installed in RPCEmu, as described in the ReadMe file.
This is mentioned in http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/net-ro.html

I would suggest that you review _all_ the instructions in the RPCEmu
Networking Guide http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/network.html , and
linked pages.

Tony