[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 4 20:42:59 PST 2012

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:05:11 +1100, Terry Duell <tduell at iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> I'm not sure what use it will be but I have Linux mint-debian running in
> a VM. I will try building RPCemu in that and see how it behaves.

An interesting result, but may not actually contribute.
I copied my rpcemu-0.8.9 dir to my shared VM shared dir, then booted
mint-debian in Vbox and put the rpcemu-0.8.9 dir in my home dir.
I then built RPCemu and made a link in hostfs to the home dir.
RPCemu will open my home dir OK. It will also open hostfs dir but shows it
as empty. No lockup of freeze at any stage.
Not a definitive test by any means, as the host home dir was sparsely
populated. Note also that the mint-debian files do not appear to have
SELinux involved.
Grist to the Mill.

Regards,
Terry Duell