[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.9

Bernard Veasey bernard at bapfish.org.uk
Mon Jan 2 01:37:11 PST 2012

In message <524b295df8dave at triffid.co.uk>
          Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <20120101202225.GB24122 at spod.org>,
>    Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>> A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.8.9

>> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/

>>   - A new option to reduce CPU usage. By enabling this menu option,
>>     RPCEmu will attempt to reduce its CPU usage by utilising the 'Idle'
>>     feature of RISC OS. Once enabled, the CPU usage should reduce
>>     roughly 30 seconds after booting RISC OS provided that activity is
>>     low enough. No 'Portable' module is required to use this feature.
>>     This is partly based on code by Jeffrey Lee.

> Here, RO 4.02 Emu 0.8.9 running under Core 2 Duo and Win 7 (32bit)

> If the above is ticked, you cannot Exit Emu, either by Ctrl-Shift f12 or
> from the Switcher menu option.

> With the above unticked, no problem.

> I'll test it later with an XP machine and other versions of RO.

> [Snip]

> Thanks for all the work folks.
> Dave

Thanks for the upgrade Peter.

I have the same problem as above.  I am running RISC OS 4.02 - I am
using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with an AMD Phenom II 1090T 6 core 3.2GHz
processor.  It also goes wrong on Windows XP Pro 32-bit with an Intel
Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13GHz processor.

Bernard
--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/