[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 3 19:36:55 PST 2012

Hullo All,
I have just built RPCemu-0.8.9  on Fedora 16 x86_64.
The release notes said there were some improvements to the GUI, including
improving the layout of the "Configure" window.
Could someone please clarify what is meant by the "Configure" window?
I assumed it meant a window that allowed the configuration of processor
emulation, memory etc, but I can't find anything here.
I have tended to stay with a much earlier version (rev 168, probably
0.8.2) and it had menus at the top left of the RPCemu window, providing
access to configuration options. No sign of anything like that here on
this build, so I can only assume that the build is not right somehow, or I
haven't found a means of making the configure window visible.
At various times I have tried the later versions as they have come along,
but always had problems with hostfs after emufs was dropped, hence my use
of the earlier rev 168 with emufs, which is quite simple to setup.
I have never been able to make hostfs work on the later versions, and now
I can't even find any useful information on how I should go about it...I
am in a bad way :-)
I would like to be able to use the latest version of RPCemu, but with
ready and simple access to my host system files.
Can someone please point me to some info that clearly describes how I can
configure hostfs, or 0.8.9 to use hostfs, to provide direct access to my
host system files?

Cheers,

Regards,
Terry Duell