[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 4 13:42:38 PST 2012

Hullo Peter,

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:16:55 +1100, Peter Howkins
<rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

[snip]

> The menu is available by pressing ctrl-end, just as in 0.8.2.

Yes, thank you.
I found that only a short time ago.

> 3) Test in RISC OS
>    When you click on hostfs now you should have your extra folders
>    available, for example if you added the 'root' directory above,
>    clicking the folder 'root' will open the host system folder /

I followed all your advice, and the linked my home dir.
My home dir shows up OK in the hostfs dir, but when I try to open it
RPCemu locks up and has to be killed. I have just checked the size of my
home dir and it is in excess of 100GB (I stopped counting at that point).
I have tested a couple of other small dirs on the host and they open OK in
RPCemu.
Is there a size issue?
My home dir opens immediately with emufs on rev 168.

Is your guide for making any part of the linux filesystem available in
hostfs in the RPCemu docs? My recent record of finding info that is in the
docs hasn't been good :-)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Terry Duell