[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 'viewfinder'?

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 07:38:42 PST 2012

On 10 Jan 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> > In article <20111024123816.GA30164 at spod.org>, Peter Howkins
> > <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> > > Yep that's the file, the numbers are the bandwidth for 0MB, 1MB,
> > > 2MB and A7000 video.
> > >
> > > As you can't break anything by increasing them on the virtual
> > > device, try chucking a 0 on the end of each one and see what
> > > happens :)
> >
> > I did that and changed the VRAM to 4 megs in the config file. Then
> > was able to set the screen mode to be 32m colours, 1280 x 700. Works
> > fine. :-)
> >
> > Thanks. I couldn't recall why there were four values, so was a bit
> > puzzled.
> >
> > Knowing it will go up to 8MB of 'VRAM' is very encouraging for
> > thinking ahead as I may also start using a decent Linux machine with
> > a large display at some point.

> I'm on the same track as Jim, and have made the same changes to
> bandwidth (extra nought added to all values). But I can't see where to
> alter the VRAM value (from 2MB to 4 or 8MB). Help!

The config file is at <Windows hard drive> Program files\RPCEmu\rpc in
which vram_size can be altered to 2,4 or 8. However, in my installation
of RPCEmu 0.8.9, running RISC OS 4.39, on a Vista host, changes to the
vram_size are ignored and, when the program is run, the parameter is re-
set to the maximum value shown in the Settings > Configure menu, ie 2MB.

Tony