[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.9, timers and sound is OK on Win-XP

Timmermans, Andre andre.timmermans at atos.net
Thu Jan 12 02:30:33 PST 2012

Hi,

This is just a little report concerning the timer/sound problems on Windows XP.

The previous version of RPCEmu had some problems which caused problems
like te timers being updated below real time and sound DMA buffers filling
not being called often enough, causing stuttering while playing sounds.

I am glad to report that RPCEmu 0.8.9 works fine on my machine.
Since it is not mentionned in the list of changes for this version
I can only assume that the fix comes from the newer version of the allegro DLL.

I have noticed some problems with regard to accessing the CD drive of my machine
but I will report it later when I had some time to provide some test cases.

Cheers,
André