[Rpcemu] CD problems with RPCEmeu 0.8.9 on Winows XP

Timmermans, Andre andre.timmermans at atos.net
Fri Jan 13 04:38:27 PST 2012

Hi,

I have found some problems when attempting to use the my PC CD/DVD drive E:
with RCPEmu.

1) The drive is not listed by RPCEmu in the menu

I got around this by modifying rpc.cfg manually by setting cdrom_type to 72.
It would be nice to document somewhere that it correspond to te code ascii
of the drive letter + 3, so that oters users with the same problem can work around it.

Using this configuration my CD drive E: becomes accessible from RPCEmu
and works fine with data CDs.

2) Switching to the CD control panel of DigitalCD kills RPCEmu.

After various tests, it appears that it calls to SWI 0x41269 (CD_AudioParams)
which triggers the kill. I have added the RPC log below.

Cheers,
André

RPCEmu 0.8.9 [DYNAREC NO_DEBUG]
Build: 32-bit binary
Compiler: GCC version 4.6.1
OS: Microsoft Windows
OS: PlatformId = 2
OS: MajorVersion = 5
OS: MinorVersion = 1
OS: ProductType = 1
OS: SuiteMask = 0x100
OS: ServicePackMajor = 3
OS: ServicePackMinor = 0
OS: ProcessorArchitecture = 0
OS: SystemMetricsServerR2 = 0
Allegro version ID: Allegro 4.4.2, MinGW32
Host Colour Depth: 32
loadconfig: mouse_twobutton = "0"
loadconfig: network_type = "off"
loadconfig: mouse_following = "0"
loadconfig: cdrom_type = "72"
loadconfig: cdrom_enabled = "1"
loadconfig: refresh_rate = "60"
loadconfig: stretch_mode = "1"
loadconfig: sound_enabled = "1"
loadconfig: vram_size = "2"
loadconfig: cpu_type = "SA110"
loadconfig: mem_size = "32"
loadconfig: ipaddress = "172.31.0.1"
loadconfig: cpu_idle = "0"
romload: Loaded 'riscos-4.39.rom' 6291456 bytes
romload: Total ROM size 6 MB
initpodulerom: Successfully loaded 'hostfs,ffa' into podulerom
initpodulerom: Successfully loaded 'hostfsfiler,ffa' into podulerom
initpodulerom: Successfully loaded 'SyncClock,ffa' into podulerom
RPCEmu: Machine reset
RPCEmu: Machine reset complete
Path is \\.\E:
Opening \\.\E:
HostFS: Registration request version 1 accepted
HostFS: Registration request version 1 accepted
HostFS: Registration request version 1 accepted
Opening \\.\E:
Read TOC done!
Opening \\.\E:
Opening \\.\E: