[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.9

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 06:48:20 PST 2012

On 13 Jan 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> Some detailed advice on upgrading from 0.8.8 running RO 4.02 on
> Windows would be welcome (by me, at least). In particular, I'd be
> anxious to preserve !Boot (including network settings) and HardDisc4
> and HostFS contents.

>From your comment below, you must have succeeded in doing this already,
however, if it is of any interest, I did the following, on a Vista host:

   Quit RPCEmu, if running
   In Windows Program Files, rename RPCEmu to RPCemu_088 (to hide it)
   Run the rpcemu intaller (which creates a new RPCEmu folder)
   Copy, from folder RPCemu_088, to folder RPCEmu
      hostfs folder
      roms   folder
      hd4    file
      rpc    file
      cmos   file
   Start RPCEmu

For me, this preserved all settings and data of the old installation.

> FWIW the host PC is using Windows 7 (64-bit). I've been using RPCEmu
> daily now for a month and am impressed by its speed and stability -

Me too!

> thanks to the developers! Cheers,

Seconded.

Tony