[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.9

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 09:50:06 PST 2012

In message <7f0ef45052.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Some detailed advice on upgrading from 0.8.8 running RO 4.02 on
>> Windows would be welcome (by me, at least). In particular, I'd be
>> anxious to preserve !Boot (including network settings) and HardDisc4
>> and HostFS contents.
>
> From your comment below, you must have succeeded in doing this already,

No: I've installed and am running 0.8.8 at the moment :-)
                                      -
> however, if it is of any interest, I did the following, on a Vista host:
>
>    Quit RPCEmu, if running
>    In Windows Program Files, rename RPCEmu to RPCemu_088 (to hide it)
>    Run the rpcemu intaller (which creates a new RPCEmu folder)
>    Copy, from folder RPCemu_088, to folder RPCEmu
>       hostfs folder
>       roms   folder
>       hd4    file
>       rpc    file
>       cmos   file
>    Start RPCEmu
>
> For me, this preserved all settings and data of the old installation.

Many thanks; I'll give it a try. I'm especially keen on eliminating
the sound system stutter (which in my case affects Rhapsody score
playbacks) which, according to another recent post, has been fixed in
0.8.9.

If all does /not/ go according to plan, presumably deleting the 0.8.9
installation and reversing the renaming of RPCemu_088 would restore
the status quo ante.

George

george greenfield