[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.9

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 02:31:28 PST 2012

In article <a7d60f5152.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>, Tony Moore
<old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Using RPCEmu 0.8.9, both DigitalCD 3.03, and AMPlayer 1.39, play mp3
> files without any stutter. I can't comment on Rhapsody.

Since people are discussing audio I'll ask about something I've not yet
tried.

When playing audio using a RO app on RPCEmu does the output sample rate
from the machine switch to follow the rate of the item being played? e.g.
CD sourced files play at 44.1k but audio, say, ripped from DVDs, play at
48k?

I ask because the Iyonix has the annoying habit of fouling up anything
*not* at 48k since the hardware blindly sends samples at 48k, so when
playing 44.1k material samples are often 'repeated' when a new sample
hasn't arrived in time.

I've been using various iso/asynch USB DACs with my (Xubuntu) laptop and
they all switch rate (and between 16 and 24 bit) to follow the source when
playing using linux players. So the discussion has set me wondering about
what happens with RPCEmu. Hope to experiment sometime, but I haven't done
it yet!

Slainte,

Jim