[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Mon Jan 16 13:01:43 PST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 08:37:07AM +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
> Hullo Peter,
>
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 01:37:12 +1100, Peter Howkins
> <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>
> >Please compile up RPCEmu with additional debugging.
> >cd rpcemu
> >make clean
> >./configure --enable-debug
> >make
> >Rerun the test of clicking on the directory that causes the lock up.
> >Post the rpclog.txt file that is created to us.
>
> Segmentation fault

Hi, Terry, apologies for not replying before, I've had the lurgy.

You've got a crash there, which I really need to debug. But due to you
having the files that make it crash I'll have to get you to do it :)

If you're up for some fairly complex commands, here's the first set of
instructions,

If any of these steps fail, let me know, you might not have 'gdb'
installed for example.

With the build that you built above, (with the --enable-debug).

# Change to the rpcemu directory
cd rpcemu

# Load rpcemu into the debugger
gdb ./rpcemu

# At this point some (c) message go past and you end up at a (gdb) prompt
# start the program at the prompt with the command 'run'
(gdb) run

# This should start rpcemu, at this point do the same things that made it
# go wrong before. This should crash it again
#
# this *should* return you back to the (gdb) prompt again, now for the
# getting info bit.
(gdb) backtrace

# This should generate a list of lines, please post all lines from gdb
# between (gdb) run and the end please

That should do for a start ....

Peter

--