[Rpcemu] CD-ROM support on OS X 10.7.2

Francis Devereux francis at devrx.org
Mon Jan 16 12:55:49 PST 2012

On 14 Jan 2012, at 14:36, Mike Fowler wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Mike,

> Apologies if this has been covered before (I have searched), but are CD-ROMs supported in RPCemu on OS X (10.7.2)?
>
> I'm currently using Frank Devereux's beta of 0.8.9 with an installation from the ROOL Emulator Stick (RISC OS 5.17), which works well in all other respects - including networking, with NetSurf giving excellent Internet access. However, when I click on the CD-ROM icon I get 'CD-ROM drive not found'.
>
> I notice that there are fewer options under the File > CD-ROM menu, compared to Windows or Linux (according to the manual) - no 'Direct CD Access' option.

RPCEmu on OS X does support CDs, but only ISO images, direct CD access is not supported. It doesn't seem to work with RISC OS 5.17 though (it works with 4.39 here, just tested both). As Bryan mentioned I think this is a limitation of RISC OS 5.17 with RiscPC hardware, but if it isn't and CD support works with RISC OS 5.17 in RPCEmu on Windows or Linux then I'll see if I can make it work on OS X too.

Francis