[Rpcemu] installing two copies of rpcemu

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 06:27:29 PST 2012

Having installed RPCEmu v0.8.9, running RO 4.39, on a Vista host, I'm
now wanting to install a second copy of RPCEmu, to run RO 5.19.

To this end, in Windows Program Files I renamed the folder RPCEmu as
RPCEmu_439 and then launched the RPCEmu installer, to create a second
copy of the RPCEmu folder. However, it seems that v0.8.9 detects that it
has already been installed, presumably from a registry entry, and offers
to repair the previous installation, or to remove RPCEmu.

If the installer repairs the previous installation, will that create
another RPCEmu folder, complete with contents?  After installation, I'd
planned to name the second folder as RPCEmu_519. In use, one of the two
folders would be re-named as RPCEmu.

If the installer re-writes the registry entry, would that prevent RPCEmu
being launched from RPCEmu_439, when re-named as RPCEmu?

Can anyone please offer advice.

Tony