[Rpcemu] installing two copies of rpcemu

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 01:24:41 PST 2012

In message <772f2d5352.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2012, Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 17 Jan 2012, Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> > I'm pleased to say that 5.19 is now running
>
> [snip]
>
>> However I still can't see the hard drive icon. hd4 is present in the
>> RPCEmu folder, but it doesn't appear on the iconbar and, in Tasks >
>> Configure... > Discs, there is no provision for hard drives, only
>> 'Conventional SCSI' which is greyed-out.
>
> Sorry for multiple posts.
>
> After some Googling http://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/10/topics/844
> suggested that RPCEmu, running RO5, did not support ADFS, so that an IDE
> hard drive was not possible.
>
> Would anyone know if that is still the case?
>
> Tony

This might be of interest, from Rob Heaton (see under RO Open: Forum:
RPCEmu: Problems with RPCEmu under Win7 if the link doesn't work for
any reason). I haven't tested it myself. I notice that he refers to
the 'latest build of 5.17'; I don't know if ADFS support has been
carried into the 5.19 build.

http://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/10/topics/844?page=1

George

--