[Rpcemu] Netsurf unstable on 0.8.9?

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 04:15:26 PST 2012

About the time I upgraded to 0.8.9 from 0.8.8 NetSurf became very
unstable, crashing regularly when accessing (ironically) RISC OS sites
such as
www.riscosopen.org/forum/posts and www.riscos.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rpcemu
Attempting to launch the former, or access the archive section of the
latter, results in a 'Netsurf has detected a serious error and must
exit' message followed by a crash. I can't say for sure if 0.8.9 is
implicated but there is a coincidence of timing. I am still running
0.8.8 but in conjunction with 5.17 so no internet access....

I've posted the logfile to the NetSurf bug tracker together with a
brief report. I just wondered if anyone here was encountering
difficulties. The odd thing is, most other sites (BBC, The
Independent, Google etc) seem to be working fine.

George

--
george greenfield