[Rpcemu] installing two copies of rpcemu

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 06:52:24 PST 2012

On 18 Jan 2012, Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> whereas yesterday all was well with RPCEmu/RO519, today I see the
> error "File ',ofla,ofla, etc' not found".

I don't know what caused the problem, but I've now found out how to
avoid it, for a new installation.

Having copied the boot sequence into the folder RPCEmu, and the RO5.19
rom-image into the folder RPCEmu\roms, RPCEmu can be launched by double-
clicking on RPCEmu-Recompiler. An error message will appear in the
RPCEmu window to the effect that the system has not been booted. At thet
point it is _essential_ to visit Windows > Settings > Configure... and
change the CPU from ARM610 to StrongARM, _before_ configuring HostFS as
the bootable drive (as described in the User Manual). Failure to do so,
will lead to ,ofla,ofla, etc.

May I suggest that the User Manual should contain a note to that effect
or, to avoid the problem, that the default CPU should be StrongARM.

Tony