[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 24 13:05:18 PST 2012

Hullo Peter,

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:10:35 +1100, Peter Howkins
<rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 04:37:01PM +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
>> I haven't had any success with getting RPCemu to crash whilst
>> running under gdb.
>
>> All that has been happening is that RPCemu appears to freeze when I
>> attempt to open my root dir on the host linux system.
>
> I haven't forgotten about this, I've been trying to come up with an
> alternate method of debugging.

That's OK.

> As you mention above, you're having issues accessing the / of the host,
> can you run the following command in a terminal and send me the results.
>
> ls -l /
>
> Do you also have issues accessing your home dir, or is it always only /?

It is my home dir that is the problem. When I said '...my root dir...' I
meant my home dir, not the host system root. Sorry for the confusion.
I have tried linking smaller dirs in my home dir, and they can be opened
in hostfs without any problems.
Just to clarify, attempting to open my home dir causes rpcemu 0.8.9 to
freeze (most of the times) or crash. My home dir opens instantly using
emufs and rpcemu 0.8.2 (rev 168)

Regards,
Terry Duell