[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 24 14:00:21 PST 2012

Hullo Ralph,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:39:50 +1100, Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi Terry,
>
>> It is my home dir that is the problem.
>
> Could it be /home/terry/.gvfs that's causing the issue?  That doesn't
> follow the normal Unix semantics in some ways.

Not sure. I assume that is an entry put there by fc16.
It doesn't seem to bother emufs.

>> Just to clarify, attempting to open my home dir causes rpcemu 0.8.9 to
>> freeze (most of the times) or crash. My home dir opens instantly using
>> emufs and rpcemu 0.8.2 (rev 168)
>
> Does strace(1) help?
>
>     strace -f -tt -o /tmp/rpcemu.strace rpcemu
>
> Replace `rpcemu' at the end of the line with however you normally start
> it from the command line, including any following options.  Once it
> crashes or appears to hang, kill it as you normally do and then look at
> the end of /tmp/rpcemu.strace to see what was leading up to it.

OK, done that.
The stuff in rpcemu.strace doesn't make much sense to me...I'm not sure
what I'm looking for.
The whole file is 17+MB.
I have attached the last 200 lines, hoping that has something useful in it

Regards,
Terry Duell