[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 13:39:50 PST 2012

Hi Terry,

> It is my home dir that is the problem.

Could it be /home/terry/.gvfs that's causing the issue?  That doesn't
follow the normal Unix semantics in some ways.

> Just to clarify, attempting to open my home dir causes rpcemu 0.8.9 to
> freeze (most of the times) or crash. My home dir opens instantly using
> emufs and rpcemu 0.8.2 (rev 168)

Does strace(1) help?

    strace -f -tt -o /tmp/rpcemu.strace rpcemu

Replace `rpcemu' at the end of the line with however you normally start
it from the command line, including any following options.  Once it
crashes or appears to hang, kill it as you normally do and then look at
the end of /tmp/rpcemu.strace to see what was leading up to it.

Cheers, Ralph.