[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 07:47:36 PST 2012

Hi Terry,

> > > Just to clarify, attempting to open my home dir causes rpcemu 0.8.9 to
> > > freeze (most of the times) or crash. My home dir opens instantly using
> > > emufs and rpcemu 0.8.2 (rev 168)
> >
> > Does strace(1) help?
> >
> >     strace -f -tt -o /tmp/rpcemu.strace rpcemu
>
> The stuff in rpcemu.strace doesn't make much sense to me...

The last 200 lines covers 02.733262 - 02.709645 = 0.023617 seconds of
time so not really enough.  :-)

How about repeating it, getting it to the hanging state, counting how
many lines are in /tmp/rpcemu.strace, "wc -l /tmp/rpcemu.strace", and
then killing it.  That way we'll have a point in the file to look at
before all the shutting down begins.  If you then compress the file,
e.g. "xz -9v /tmp/rpcemu.strace" or bzip2 if you've not got xz, you
could send it to me privately along with the count of how many lines
there were earlier.

Cheers, Ralph.