[Rpcemu] 'Reduce CPU Usage' seems to affect sound output

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 04:23:53 PST 2012

On 27 Jan 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Just for information: I've been testing 0.8.9/4.02 with, and without,
> 'Reduce CPU Usage' enabled, while playing Rhapsody4 scores. Blips and
> hesitations are noticeable but relatively infrequent, with RCU
> disabled; they are both frequent and intrusive with it switched on,
> and accompanied by spontaneous loss of volume (which recovers after a
> few seconds) to the point where score playback becomes pointless.

Do you have any problem in playing mp3 files? If yes, there may be
something amiss with the sound system. If no, there may be a problem
with Rhapsody4.

For the record, here, both 0.8.9/4.39 and 0.8.9/5.19, running on a Vista
host (1.6GHz), play mp3 files correctly (using DigitalCD) whether or not
'Reduce CPU Usage' is enabled.

Tony