[Rpcemu] 'Reduce CPU Usage' seems to affect sound output

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 09:56:13 PST 2012

In message <d434245952.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Just for information: I've been testing 0.8.9/4.02 with, and without,
>> 'Reduce CPU Usage' enabled, while playing Rhapsody4 scores. Blips and
>> hesitations are noticeable but relatively infrequent, with RCU
>> disabled; they are both frequent and intrusive with it switched on,
>> and accompanied by spontaneous loss of volume (which recovers after a
>> few seconds) to the point where score playback becomes pointless.
>
> Do you have any problem in playing mp3 files? If yes, there may be
> something amiss with the sound system. If no, there may be a problem
> with Rhapsody4.
>
> For the record, here, both 0.8.9/4.39 and 0.8.9/5.19, running on a Vista
> host (1.6GHz), play mp3 files correctly (using DigitalCD) whether or not
> 'Reduce CPU Usage' is enabled.

Thanks for the feedback. 2 sample MP3s play fine here using AMPlay
with 'Reduce CPU Usage' disabled, but hopelessly with it enabled. So
that would appear to exonerate Rhapsody4. No idea what the problem
with sound settings might be, or how to fix them. For the time being
I'm running with CPU usage un-reduced...

George

--
george greenfield