[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 30 14:21:06 PST 2012

Hullo Andy,
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 03:23:50 +1100, Andy Fawcett <andy at athame.co.uk> wrote:

> On Monday 30 January 2012 13:18:58 Ralph Corderoy wrote:

>> Sorry, the thread's stretched on a month and I've forgotten your
>> original complaint and just traversed a circle!
>
> If the hostfs directory is stored somewhere under the home directory,
> then you probably have a loop because of the symlink.

My hostfs dir is below my linux home dir, a couple of levels below.
If the problem I have is a loop due to the symlink, does that imply that
the way hostfs is implemented it limits the linux dirs that are accessible?
If this so then it is a poor implementation. Emufs does not have a problem
accessing my home dir.

Regards,
Terry Duell