[Rpcemu] 'Reduce CPU Usage' seems to affect sound output

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 02:52:15 PST 2012

In message <fa43e05952.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <d434245952.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>>           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]

[snip]

>> Thanks for the feedback. 2 sample MP3s play fine here using AMPlay
>> with 'Reduce CPU Usage' disabled, but hopelessly with it enabled.
>
> I've just repeated the test reported above but, this time, using AMPlay.
> It continues to play mp3 files, without problem, using any combination
> of OS, and RCU on/off.

Maybe there's some difference in setup between us. Mine are as follows
(in RPCEmu Settings):

Cpu = Strongarm; RAM = 128MB; VRAM = 2MB; Sound = ticked.
*Status gives SoundSystem = 16bit Oversampled; SoundDefault = 1 7 1.

On the Windows side, Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound: Speakers
are enabled (I have 2 Labtec speakers), the controller is the default
Realtek High Definition Audio and the speakers are connected via the
LR (green) 3.5mm jack. Windows reports that the devices and drivers
are working normally, and the fact that MP3 files play normally on the
RISC OS side would seem to validate that.

Not sure where to go from here...

George

--
george greenfield