[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 03:18:23 PST 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012 09:21:06 Terry Duell wrote:
> Hullo Andy,
>
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 03:23:50 +1100, Andy Fawcett <andy at athame.co.uk>
wrote:
> > On Monday 30 January 2012 13:18:58 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> >> Sorry, the thread's stretched on a month and I've forgotten your
> >> original complaint and just traversed a circle!
> >
> > If the hostfs directory is stored somewhere under the home
> > directory,
> > then you probably have a loop because of the symlink.
>
> My hostfs dir is below my linux home dir, a couple of levels below.
> If the problem I have is a loop due to the symlink, does that imply
> that the way hostfs is implemented it limits the linux dirs that are
> accessible? If this so then it is a poor implementation. Emufs does
> not have a problem accessing my home dir.

It's just a hunch, nothing to back it up (I haven't looked at the code).

You could test it out by removing the link temporarily, moving your
hostfs to "hostfs2" and then softlinking your homedir to hostfs, then
restart. Naturally your whole boot structure would not be in the right
place, but you could see if the original problem exists.

A.