[Rpcemu] 'Reduce CPU Usage' seems to affect sound output

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 05:05:42 PST 2012

On 31 Jan 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> In message <fa43e05952.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> > I've just repeated the test reported above but, this time, using
> > AMPlay. It continues to play mp3 files, without problem, using any
> > combination of OS, and RCU on/off.
>
> Maybe there's some difference in setup between us. Mine are as follows
> (in RPCEmu Settings):
>
> Cpu = Strongarm; RAM = 128MB; VRAM = 2MB; Sound = ticked.
> *Status gives SoundSystem = 16bit Oversampled; SoundDefault = 1 7 1.

Same here, except RAM = 256MB

> On the Windows side

I'm not sure that the comparison is helpful because, here, Vista is
running on an HP laptop, which has 'SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD
Audio'. As to be expected, this doesn't sound too great when playing
through the built-in speakers. Headphones can be connected to an output
jack (used in the tests above), but for serious listening, I normally
transfer the mp3 files to an iPod.

[snip]

> Not sure where to go from here...

Nor me. Perhaps someone else can help?