[Rpcemu] Some ques re RPCemu-0.8.9 on Linux

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 31 14:35:44 PST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:18:23 +1100, Andy Fawcett <andy at athame.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> It's just a hunch, nothing to back it up (I haven't looked at the code).
>
> You could test it out by removing the link temporarily, moving your
> hostfs to "hostfs2" and then softlinking your homedir to hostfs, then
> restart. Naturally your whole boot structure would not be in the right
> place, but you could see if the original problem exists.

I'm not sure if I have your suggestion correct.
Do you mean, working in linux, in my rpcemu dir, rename my hostfs dir to
hostfs2, then doing the softlink "ln -s ~ hostfs" within the hostfs2 dir?
Won't RPCemu be looking for a dir named 'hostfs" and ignore the hostfs2
dir?
I'm not sure what the boot structure issue is, my boot is in hd4.hdf,
which is at the same level as hostfs in my RPCemu dir.
--
Regards,
Terry Duell