[Rpcemu] RPCEmu freeze when using TW

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 2 18:46:01 PDT 2012

Hello All,
I have experienced some lockup/freeze of RPCEmu just recently, whilst
running TechWriter 9.01.
I had run that version of TW quite a bit over the last couple of days
without a problem, but have now had the lockup 3 times in quick succession.
I am running RPCEmu 0.8.9 on Fedora 17 x86_64, and working with files in a
shared dir (ie files in a Fedora dir) in hostfs.
I think the first thing I will try is to move/copy the files from the
fedora host dir to a native dir and see how that works...but as there
hasn't been any trouble until today, that won't necessarily prove much
unless the problem persists.
Any other ideas on how to best track down the cause of this, before I try
some experiments?

Regards,
Terry Duell