[Rpcemu] RISC OS 5.17 benchmarked against 4.02

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 08:49:55 PDT 2012

In message <8fe3b8e352.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> In message <6d72a5e352.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>>           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> > I know nothing about Photodesk, but why does it need HardDisc4? Is
>> > that path 'hard-wired' into the application?
>>
>> Possibly (I don't know anything about the programme's internal
>> workings): what I do know is that any attempt to run !Photodesk from
>> HostFS brings up the error message 'Filing system does not support
>> this operation'.
>
> Sounds like a bug. Have you reported it to the developers?

I told CJE Micros when the problem first occurred early this year - I
believe they are in contact with the developer. I have v3.09 and v3.10
and either works fine from 4.02's HD4, so I don't think the apps
themselves are corrupt.

George

--
george greenfield