[Rpcemu] RISC OS 5.17 benchmarked against 4.02

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 15:21:37 PDT 2012

In message <a13359e452.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2012, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> If I install !Photodesk 3.09 in 5.17's HostFS (which it will do, it
>> just produces the error message the moment you try to actually use
>> it), and Shift-Select the application in that directory, the listed
>> components are /identical/ in order, size and type to the
>> corresponding installation on HD4 of my 4.02 setup.
>
> If Photodesk runs from RPCEmu089/402 HD4, does it also run from
> RPCEmu089/402 HostFS?

Good suggestion - yes! I just installed it on 089/402 HostFS and it
appears to run normally. I then did another install on 088/517 and it
would load to the icon bar (as before) and fail on attempting to clear
previous images with the same error message as before. So maybe the
problem lies with RPCEmu 088, which is presumably responsible for
creating the HostFS filesystem, rather than 517; in which case
upgrading to 089/517 might fix the problem.

George

--
george greenfield