[Rpcemu] 5.19 doesn't retain monitor settings

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 04:08:01 PDT 2013

I've just upgraded my 089/517 installation to 089/519, by replacing
the 517 rom with the 519 ditto in the RPCEmu-roms folder.

The new installation starts with the usual black screen and more very
fast message scrolling than usual, but then displays at X640 Y480 C256
F (unknown). The previous (i.e. 517) !Boot file is still there, and
this has x1824 Y1026 C16M F58 in
Boot.Choices.Boot.Predesk.Configure.Monitor; RO500Hook has X800 Y600
C256 (AKF60) in the same location, and RO510Hook has the same X and Y
values with C16M (ROOL Generic), but the starting display conforms to
none of these values.

If I select the Configure-Screen dialogue by menu-ing over the RISC OS
5 icon some (but not all) of the MDFs listed in
Boot.Resources.Configure.Monitor are shown, and I can select (for
example) X1280 Y1024 C16M and the display size changes, but it is not
retained after a reset: the display reverts to X640 Y480 C256.

I have done F12 *configure filesystem hostfs and *configure boot.

Apps etc all seem to load and function OK, so it is just this problem
preventing me from getting a usable system. Any advice would be most
welcome as I'm not sure what to try next! TIA,

George

--
george greenfield