[Rpcemu] 5.19 doesn't retain monitor settings

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 16:10:20 PDT 2013

On 23 Apr 2013, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> In message <59c7074153.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 23 Apr 2013, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > So I'm stuck. Maybe it's best to revert to 5.17; at least it
> > > worked! Unless you have a barebones !Boot from said HardDisc4
> > > which you could send me (suitably zipped: that at least works
> > > here)?
> >
> > I'm using Boot dated 27 Nov 2012 which may not work with the current
> > ROM so try https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77062274/ro519_boot_20130206.zip
> > [8MB] which is contained in the current HardDisc4 download
> > (2013-04-03). I haven't tried it myself yet.
>
> Many thanks responding so quickly and comprehensively, Tony!

You're welcome.

> I'm holding your !Boot file in reserve: I managed to decompress the
> current ROOL .tar version using WinZip on the dark side,

Received wisdom is that archives should not be decompressed in a Windows
environment, because RO filetypes will be screwed-up.

> and have copied it into Hostfs in place of the 5.17 !Boot

I'm surprised that it works!

> (NOT using the Boot-Install dialogue however - dragging the new !Boot
> into the Merge field didn't work). I still have only two display
> options in Configure-Screen: 'Auto' and the Acer AL2416W MDF which is
> one of the supplied ones. All the other supplied MDFs are unavailable
> - God knows why. ISTR with my Iyo that simply dragging a new MDF into
> !Boot.Resources.Configure.Monitors made it available for selection.

It seems that parts of your !Boot are missing. I would suggest that you
re-instate your 5.17 !Boot, then update it, using the file from the link
above, _and_ using the Boot-Install dialogue.

I've now updated my installation here to RO 5.19 (22-Apr-2013) and !Boot
dated 6 Feb 2013 (as link above) without problem.

Tony