[Rpcemu] 5.19 doesn't retain monitor settings

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 01:58:28 PDT 2013

In message <2d901d4153.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2013, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> In message <59c7074153.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>>           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> > On 23 Apr 2013, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
>> > wrote:
[snip]

> It seems that parts of your !Boot are missing. I would suggest that you
> re-instate your 5.17 !Boot, then update it, using the file from the link
> above, _and_ using the Boot-Install dialogue.
>
> I've now updated my installation here to RO 5.19 (22-Apr-2013) and !Boot
> dated 6 Feb 2013 (as link above) without problem.

And so have I :-). Thanks for the advice, Tony: it appears I'd mangled
both 5.19 !Boot and roms in my extraction process. I boot-merged your
zipped !Boot, re-extracted the rom from the zipped IOMDHaldev ROOL
download using !SparkFS and copied it into RPCEMu089/519's roms
folder, and hey presto!

BTW, 5.19 seems to run even faster than 5.17, according to !Firebench;
I shall re-do the Romark benchmarks one of these days. Is networking
operational? HardDisc4? Thanks again,

George
--
george greenfield