[Rpcemu] RO 5.20 RPCEmu networking problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Aug 4 02:32:19 PDT 2013

I have a couple of RPCEmu 0.8.10 installs that all Network okay, RO 4.20,
4.39 and 6.20.

Now, as of very recently, I have a RPCEmu 0.8.10 with RO 5.20 and despite
following the RPCEmu instructions I cannot get it to Network.

Obviously all the Ethernet Bridging, Win stuff already exists and works
with the above installs.

I installed the RPCEmu !System as per instructions, that went okay.
I Put "AutoSense" in the instructed place for RO 5.nn

I rebooted.

Using the Networking Configure tool, I set the configurations to be
exactly the same as the other working RPCEmu installs with the exception
of the "Internet configuration-Interfaces-RPCEmu: EtherRPCEm" IP address
which is an unused spare.

Okayed that and the machine re-sets.
RPCEmu Settings-Networking has rpcemu as the bridge name (That's what the
bridge is called).

Nothing I do will now get a network connection and Pinging the Router
gives a 100% packet loss.

As the configs are the same as the others that do work, I'm at a loss to
fathom...

Any useful thoughts please?

Dave

--