[Rpcemu] 0.8.10/5.20: something odd....

George george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 00:55:20 PDT 2013

On booting up my new installation, I'm getting a 'Insert HardDisc4'
request before the desktop displays. Clicking 'Cancel', and 'Describe'
in the ensuing error box gives 'Internal error: abort on data transfer
at &FC15C6BC', but clicking 'Continue' results in a normal-seeming
desktop. RPCEmu then behaves normally (including super-stable
networking :-)) until shutdown, when a 'Filecore in use' error
appears.

I've entered (and re-entered)

     *configure filesystem hostfs
     *configure boot

but the problem persists; any help with diagnosis and cure would be
appreciated. TIA,

George