[Rpcemu] 0.8.10/5.20: something odd....

Frank de Bruijn rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl
Tue Aug 13 02:02:36 PDT 2013

In article <b76a777a53.George at george/greenfield.tiscali.co.uk>,
   George <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On booting up my new installation, I'm getting a 'Insert HardDisc4'
> request before the desktop displays.

Sounds like something in the boot sequence is trying to run something
off HardDisk4 rather than HostFS. Check the files in (the directories
in) $.!Boot.Choices.Boot.
Is the grey desktop background there yet when the abort occurs? Then
start by looking at $.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Desktop and the files in
$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks.

> Clicking 'Cancel', and 'Describe' in the ensuing error box gives
> 'Internal error: abort on data transfer at &FC15C6BC', but clicking
> 'Continue' results in a normal-seeming desktop.

Could be because things aren't properly initialised yet for a
'Describe' to function correctly. If you want to know where in the ROM
this is, use the command 'Where &FC15C6BC' (provided you have the Where
tool installed, of course).

Regards,
Frank