[Rpcemu] 0.8.10/5.20: something odd....

George george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 06:50:51 PDT 2013

In message <537a7d9375rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl>
          Frank de Bruijn <rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl> wrote:

> In article <b76a777a53.George at george/greenfield.tiscali.co.uk>,
>    George <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>> On booting up my new installation, I'm getting a 'Insert HardDisc4'
>> request before the desktop displays.
>
> Sounds like something in the boot sequence is trying to run something
> off HardDisk4 rather than HostFS. Check the files in (the directories
> in) $.!Boot.Choices.Boot.
[snip]

Thanks for the advice. I remembered when the problem first appeared -
it was after I'd copied !SparkFS across, either from my 089/402
installation or the 0810/517 one (I forget which, but presumably it
was the former due to the HD4 call). Anyway, deleting that App
restored normality (and the 'Filecore in use' error on Shutdown went
as well).

> If you want to know where in the ROM
> this is, use the command 'Where &FC15C6BC' (provided you have the Where
> tool installed, of course).

That sounds like a useful tool - where (no pun intended) would I get
it?

George