[Rpcemu] Is HD4 now useable under 0.8.10/5.20?

Chris Gransden chrisg at care4free.net
Mon Aug 19 12:25:18 PDT 2013

In article <b13fca7d53.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2013, George <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > In message <1418ab7d53.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
> >           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > > RPCEmu 0.8.10 ships with an hd4.hdf file of zero bytes, and RO 5.20
> > > Configure > Discs > 'Conventional SCSI' is greyed-out. If the
> > > hd4.hdf file is replaced with a file of non-zero length, the RO 5.20
> > > config option is still greyed out, so the answer seems to be no.
> > >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Interesting - thanks. I wonder how IOMD 5.20 works on an actual
> > RiscPC?

> It presumably works, otherwise ROOL would not sell ROMs for the RiscPC.
> The problem, above, arises because _RPCEmu_ won't play with RO5.20.

The SCSI config is not used in RPCEmu.  Hard discs are IDE and if it was
working should just appear automatically.

There is a patch that gets Hard Discs working. I'm using it here with RISC
OS 5.21 and RPCEmu 0.8.10 on linux.
It's not been applied as it causes problems with hard discs on RISC OS 4/6.

The patch is on this page on the ROOL forums
https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/5/topics/410?page=4.

Chris.