[Rpcemu] 0.8.10/5.20: MIPS readout oddity

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 00:18:16 PDT 2013

In message <7b84d77e53.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21 Aug 2013, Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> If you're running on Vista or 7 and you used the windows installer,
>> don't check Program Files/RPCEmu/rpc.cfg but Users/<your
>> userame>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/RPCEmu/rpc.cfg
>
> Using Win7 32bit, RPCEmu was installed from the zip archive, not the
> installer, and the folder Users/<userame>/AppData/ is not present. The
> only copies of rpc.cfg are those in Program Files/RPCEmu439, 520 etc.
> However, I still found that one data item (cdrom_enabled) in the 520
> rpc.cfg was not in sync with the value expected from Settings. Clicking
> again, in Settings, saved rpc.cfg with the correct value.

0810/520 has gone pop: on about 75% of bootups I get 'Bad opcode 14
41435452 at 2019FC20' after the RO5 label disappears but before the
desktop appears. Clicking OK terminates the boot sequence. That's with
the recompiler; the interpreter boots ok but neither will see the
network /at all/. I have Where, but am not sure how to install/use it.
So back to 089/420 for the time being....

George

--
george greenfield