[Rpcemu] 0.8.10/5.20: MIPS readout oddity

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 06:09:01 PDT 2013

In message <20130822182907.GD31223 at spod.org>
          Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 08:18:16AM +0100, george greenfield wrote:
>> In message <7b84d77e53.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>>           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > On 21 Aug 2013, Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

Hi Peter

Sorry for the long delay in replying: see below for updates (such as
they are)..

>> > [snip]

> George, can you confirm whether your config file issue was resolved by
> comparing this other file.

Yes, it was. Despite not using the Windows Installer on my latest,
clean install of 0810/520, it turned out that AppData did indeed
contain a folder corresponding to my /520 installation, which
contained a valid rpc.cfg file (i.e., one conforming to actual
settings) with a current date. So seemingly, if at any time one has
used the Windows Installer (I did, on my original 089/402
installation), crucial bits of subsequent installations will actually
run from AppData regardless of how they have been installed.

> As to your new issue, try not using 256MB of RAM, but a lower value.
> There's some interesting issues with risc os and that much ram on real
> hardware, and I'm wondering if similar occurs when emulated.

I tried 128MB, but the Bad Opcode problem is still with me. Also,
089/402 has been running for months now with 256MB of RAM (264MB
actually reported), without any problems. As I explained to Tony (who
has been very helpful), I don't actually /need/ /520 to work, as I
have a networked and KVM-switched Iyonix, so troubleshooting /520 is
pretty much a spare-time activity. Cheers,

George

--
george greenfield