[Rpcemu] HostFS and MPro

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 09:26:15 PDT 2013

Tony Moore, on 15 Oct, wrote:

> Using Windows 7 32bit / RPCEmu 0.8.10 / RO 5.20 / MPro 7.06
>
> When MPro runs from HostFS, the log of a typical mail fetch is as follows:
>
> 13 Oct 22:12:34 080 Messenger does not have enough free disc space
>
> The line concerning inadequate disc space suggests that HostFS does not
> correctly report the value (20GB). However, MPro ignores the warning and
> goes ahead to save the message, without problem.
>
> Can anyone please comment?

As far as I can see the RPCEmu HostFS does not even know of the concept of
free. HostFS on VRPC does.

I would be reasonably certain the error is spurious, nothing actually
breaks. (That said Messenger Pro is profoundly unstable on RPCEmu 0.8.9 on
this Mac, the networking crashes badly. I don't think it is due to this
issue though, there are other networking crashes. (0.8.9 is the last build
for the Mac.))

It might be worth running it by Rcomp as a similar issue on Fat32FS discs
got fixed.

--
David Pitt