[Rpcemu] RPCEmu and RO 5.20 Time/Date

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 27 02:49:30 PDT 2013

On 27 Oct 2013, Frank de Bruijn <rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl> wrote:
> In article <df8bd7a053.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > I should be grateful for comments: Is this problem a bug, in RPCEmu?
>
> Well, *I* think it is. That's why I reported it. Last January. See the
> thread "RPCEmu abort 'Bad opcode 14 41435452'" starting 11 January.

Found it. My memory is becoming shorter and shorter!

> > What are the recommended settings for Configure > 'Time and date'?
>
> I've left it at "Set manually", obviously.

That's where mine is now. I notice that the clocks of emuleated RO 4.39,
5.20 and 6.20 all trail the Win7 clock by one or two seconds, suggesting
that 'Set manually' causes the time to be read from the host OS. This
corresponds with my earlier understanding, but I'm at a loss as to how,
a few days ago, emulated 5.20 was more than an hour adrift, which set me
off on this particular excursion.

If, indeed, 'Set manually' causes the time to be read from the host OS,
thus making 'Set from the net' unneccessary, and unwise, perhaps a note
to this effect needs to be added to the User Manual?

Tony