[Rpcemu] RPCEmu and RO 5.20 Time/Date

George george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 28 02:27:02 PDT 2013

In message <779021a153.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
          Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 27 Oct 2013, Frank de Bruijn <rpcemu-sub at aconet.nl> wrote:
>> In article <df8bd7a053.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>>    Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> > I should be grateful for comments: Is this problem a bug, in RPCEmu?
>>
>> Well, *I* think it is. That's why I reported it. Last January. See the
>> thread "RPCEmu abort 'Bad opcode 14 41435452'" starting 11 January.

I've had the same experience exactly on 0810/520 on a Win7/64 PC, with
'Set from the Network', 'Pick a server automatically' and 'Switch DST
automatically' all selected. Switching to manual setting and editing
the HostFS:$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks.TimeSetup file as specified by
Tony earlier seems to restore stable booting. FWIW, testing with just
'Set from the Network' enabled did not invariably cause problems, but
in combination with automatic server picking and DST switching, it
did.
In passing, thanks to Tony (and Frank) for spotting this and to Tony
for working out the solution - I can now use networked 0810/520, which
hitherto I had abandoned due to the 'bad opcode' issue!

[snip]

> If, indeed, 'Set manually' causes the time to be read from the host OS,
> thus making 'Set from the net' unneccessary, and unwise, perhaps a note
> to this effect needs to be added to the User Manual?

Agreed.

--
George