[Rpcemu] Allegro not installed Mint 17

Sean Kelly sean at caluse.net
Wed Oct 1 12:45:55 PDT 2014

> Ignoring the unnecessary steps.

> pittdj at pittdj-VirtualBox ~/rpcemu3/src $ ./configure -enable--dynarec
> pittdj at pittdj-VirtualBox ~/rpcemu3/src $ make

> Build completes.

Not here it doesn't, that's what I first tried on my newly minted Mint.
Here's what I got:

./configure: line 4634: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 4634: `   AM_PATH_ALLEGRO(, , as_fn_error $? "building
RPCemu requires Allegro to be installed" "$LINENO" 5)'

So I tried the lengthier, "largely deprecated",  instructions at
www.riscos.info/index.php/RPCEmu_Linux_Guide and I got the same error as
you at the same point:

macro 'AM_PATH_ALLEGRO' not found in library

I googled that, as a result I moved allegro.m4 and there was more
progress - make started well, but then exited as belowr:

/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing
from command line

This had happened exactly the same on Mint 16 so I went to the solution
for that (thank you Kai), which you see below and which was successful.

With the benefit of hindsight it seems that I've gone the long way round
and that if I went back, copied allegro.m4 to the alternate location and
then followed the simple two step process all would have been well, but
had I not gone the long way round I wouldn't have had the error to
google which fixed it for me.

It is odd that even on a fresh install of the same OS there are
differences which makes what works for one installation fail for
another, maybe it is in some way related to hardware? - the DSO missing
error, which is relatively common according to google, occurred when
trying to compile RPCEmu on both my installs of Mint (on the same
laptop) but not on yours - or most other folks', it seems.

As far as I'm concerned, all's well that ends well and it's even better
if I've learned a little in the process.

Sean.

--
Sean Kelly
+44(0)7768 481944