[Rpcemu] RPCEmu and Networking

Brian D groups at planet3.freeuk.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 16:01:28 PST 2015

Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 27 Feb 2015, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Regardless of which PC I'm running a copy of RPCEmu 0.8.12 and RO 6.20
> > on, there are times when after running, it just will not connect to the
> > net.
I often find this, same OS and RPCemu version.

> [snip]
>
> > The only fix is to completely closed down RPCEmu, then run it again.
That's what I do.

> [snip]
>
> > Q1) Anyone have ideas about what's going on?
>
> It happens here when I start RPCEmu too soon after booting Win7, which
> seems to be preoccupied with its own housekeeping, for several minutes
> after booting.
That seems to be the case but I haven't tried runninbg RPCEmu other than
soon after starting. I'll have to try next time.

> > Q2) Thoughts on a fix other than a reboot?
>
> After booting Win7, wait at least 20 minutes before starting RPCEmu.

I wonder if it is a recent windows update that has caused it. It used to
work every time, but the last few weeks network has failed on the first run
of RPCEmu, but is OK on subsequent runs.

--
Brian Duffell   Yarm    England